Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wait for it....

I know, I know, it's been a while! No time to blog when I have work to do on the house! This one is for YOU Jaime Allen...we may even be related, and you always have an invitation here at Allentown.

A very short catch up for you all:

We had the Bobcat guy take away all the concrete that Warren and Kyle broke up:



We FINALLY drywalled the kitchen, plus primer and paint:



We re-hung the cabinets:





And just you wait until tomorrow (or maybe the day after...) I am promising to get caught up! Just a teaser:

We have the tile laid down in the hall bath, which is also painted and the fixtures will be 100% installed tomorrow.

The kitchen is 90% done. We have the FABULOUS damask wallpapered upper cabinet doors on, the granite countertops are in, the tile is 2/3's done, the grout goes down tomorrow in the kitchen and bath.

The Hallyway has (most) of the wainscot installed, just waiting for paint.

We have can lights and full electrical everywhere, just a few outside lights to install.

The hardwood floors are being refinished starting on monday, finishing on friday.

The Master Bedroom final wall has been demo'd, extended, re-framed, drywalled, mudded, taped, textured and painted! As well as the Master Closet, fully finished (except for the closet organizers)

And so much more...as you can see I have limited time to blog. Not to mention I took a day off last week with 2 girlfriends and accidentally spilled a glass of wine into my purse (don't ask) and my camera is out for repairs, so that has also put a damper on the photo-blogging. I am using Warren's camera now, and will upload the latest shots of the improvements shortly! It really is amazing, we've come so far. Can't wait to do a Before/After blog....we are 3 weeks from being DONE. I mean baseboards and crown moulding done. Whew. I better go to bed, so I can get up at 6am start all over again. We're at the point where there are a ton of little things to do. That amounts to a BIG job, but at least all the big jobs are out of the way, which made for a monstrous job.

Visitors are welcome! We won't be asking people to grab a sledgehammer and take down a wall anymore...we're at the point where it's much more fun to be here at Allentown!

No comments: